Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Year 2011

As this year ends, I reflect on what the year brought to my life, I wish I could say it was a great year, full of love and happiness, but it was not. The year started out with tremendous loss, pain, and heartache. Some of it due to loved ones passing away and some of it due to some walking away, but loss never the less. These losses took me to a place in life I had never gone before, a place full of darkness and despair, there were times I didn’t think I would live threw it , and times I didn’t want to. I could not see passed the pain, and  I can remember spending weeks barely getting out of bed due to the fact I just could not cope with the hurt, This pain was both physical and emotional, the kind that knocks you to the ground and would not  let you go. I know that everyone handles hurt differently, and maybe to some people they would have not felt the same way I did in my situation. Pain is pain and we all feel it and we all go threw it, and I believe the level of strength does not depend on how much hurt your are dealing with, I believe the  level of strength has to do with the people that are there for you during your most trying times. During this time, I had friends and family that were fighting for there life, some fought and stayed, and some fought and left, God needed them more than we did. It was the strength of these wonderful people that helped me get threw what I was going threw, even if they never knew. It was the love of family and friends that knew me better than I knew myself that stepped in just at the right time. To them I say thank you, my life would not be the same without you. You brought me out of the dark and it feels wonderful to feel joy and happiness again, and so, as this year comes to an end, I know there will always be heartache and pain, that is life, but I also know that the ones that truly love you can help you get threw it. Depression is real and it should not be overlooked, I look forward to what the New Year was to bring, with great hope and great anticipation. My life and its journey continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment