Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ALL DEBTS MUST BE PAID

When my white wings turned to black,

The realization was clear,

I've fallen out of favor,

When the light abandoned me,

As the darkness crept in all around me,

It lashed out and bound me in chains,

The predator sunk it's venom into it's prey,

Despair was it's poison.



When the happiness in my life was sapped,

And the sorrow flooded in,

I knew my life had been rendered a sin,

Even though I have been abandoned in darkness,

I still seek out the light.



My shackles and chains never were the type to shine,

They are in the mind and even though I can move,

I am as helpless as a child without it's mother,

Merely a prisoner without a warden,

Left in this jail to roam without an exit,

As the light in my soul fades to black,

So does the sparkle in my eye,

A fate accepted, a promise made,

In the end, all debts must be paid.

1 comment: